Monday, November 14, 2011

Time off

So my race world has been pretty quiet since Ridge to Bridge. The hype of qualifying for Boston has worn off a bit, although I did order the shirt from Adidas that proudly displays the "qualifier" in the bright yellow logo...yeah I just couldn't help it. But in the aftermath of all the racing, I have been pretty lazy.  This is probably the toughest part of competition...the off season. I technically have a race this weekend in South Carolina, the Mad Marsh 50k, but I have no intention of going fast. I want to enjoy the run without the pressure. This season has been a long successful one and I look forward to ending on a high note. I do feel a bit like a NASCAR driver in the sense that the "off season" lasts hardly a blink of an eye before you are back at it again. My next race is in January so training will continue but not really ratchet up until mid-December. But trust me, it is a welcome few weeks of a break.

My body has also started to rebound and the year of hard training is catching up with me. My entire left side seems to be falling apart. The IT band is flaring up again causing some issues with the knee. I am feeling older every day. The best thing I can do is maintain my foam rolling and resume visits to Greenapple Sports med and Dr. Duffy.

For this weekend, my plan is to run and see what happens. Race details to follow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment