1. There are a heck of a lot of steep climbs in Chattanooga...it ain't called a Mountain Stage Race for nuthin. The course is hard but runnable and it's definitely a well organized race.
2. Day 1 was a disaster for me. I fell, blew up when I went out too fast, couldn't keep my heart rate under 180bpm thanks to the combo of elevation and Zyrtec I finished feeling like defeated and wondering what I was doing there at all.
3. Day 2 was a positive change. I raced solid and comfortable although I did get stung on the top of my foot resulting in sever swelling and the nickname "Princess Fat Foot"....stupid ^&$%*# yellow jackets (see photo)
4. Day 3 I just got pissed off and ran hard. I got stung (again) and had enough of wallowing in my own pity. I kicked major ass on the back trails and finished strong.
5. Chattanooga is a cool town... Best race to have done with great friends
Overall the numbers were not great but it was my first stage race:
25/54 Females (No AGs)
Time : 11:09:19
That being said I will be back to try again.
|Great race, great friends...Day 3|
|Cheesing on the way to start Day 1|
|War wounds post Day 1|
|Princess Fat Foot|